I was looking through my gallery and found an eye tutorial I made a while ago, which you can see here :
And it was and is so ugly I had to re-do it
1. Outline + Colour, did two variations of it
2. Taking a darker colour (or Multiply layer), do that
3. New layer, lumosity, I used a marker tool. And you do not have to use the original colour, for example for the red eye, I used orange for the lighting
4. New layer, lumosity, oval things and just for good measure, used a lighter colour for the circle in the center
5. sparkles w/ white colour + lumosity layer!!!